Have you seen the new products just announced by Apple? Looks like it’s going to be a hot Christmas season for technology!
There is a new Apple watch (Series 3) that is a standalone device – no need to be connected to your phone, and a bunch of new iPhones including the amazing looking iPhone X with Face Recognition. Apple claims you will be able to use your face as your password. iPhone X plots 30,000 data points to create a depth map of your face and according to Apple, it can’t be fooled by growing facial hair, a haircut, glasses, or even an image of your face. Interesting. If you use Apple Pay, you can even pay using just your face!
The new iPhone has lots of other cool new features including:
- 5.8‑inch Super Retina full edge to edge screen
- OLED screen with a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio
- Front facing TrueDepth Camera
- Portrait Lighting produces impressive studio‑quality lighting effects
- Animoji – animated emojis you control using your facial muscles
- Dual 12MP Cameras
- Both rear cameras have optical image stabilization and fast lenses for outstanding photos and videos even in low light
This is not your normal iPhone update. This one is a game changer and we predict iPhone X will be a huge deal for Apple. You can Pre-order yours starting at 12:01 a.m. PDT on 10.27 but it ain’t cheap! Price starts at $999. Will you buy an iPhone X? We’d like to hear your opinion.
The new Apple Watch Series 3 is available later this month and prices start at $399. Keep in mind that you’ll need a data plan with the watch so that adds to the cost of ownership.
Let us know what you think.